Join our Wikipedia Takes Manhattan scavenger hunt and photo contest,
aimed at illustrating Wikipedia articles covering the wondrous sights
of the isle of Manhattan (and everywhere else too!).

PLACE & TIME -
Bowling Green Park
Saturday, September 15, 3PM (walking tours *depart* at this time)

Shortly after 3PM, we'll depart from our starting point at Bowling
Green and lead walking tours around many of the National Register of
Historic Places sites downtown, on itineraries stretching in eccentric
lines from our starting point toward the Washington Square Park and
NYU area.

The event is being held in conjunction with NYC's celebration of
Software Freedom Day, and all participants are welcome to join us
afterwards for the Free Software / Free Culture party at NYU's ITP at
7pm (evening party is at Tisch School at 721 Broadway).

No special wiki knowledge is required at all, just a camera and a love
of the city!

Sign up on Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/events/80776822/

Sign up and more details on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Manhattan

Also check out the larger Wiki Loves Monuments USA campaign, and our
Android app:
http://wikilovesmonuments.us/

Thanks,
Richard