Hi Wiki-Yorkers,

Join us for Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Basquiat Still Fly @ 55, a social
evening of creating, updating, and improving Wikipedia articles pertaining
to the lives and works of black artists.

Hosted at The Museum of Modern Art Library in celebration of Jean-Michel
Basquiat’s 55th birthday and in partnership with Afrocrowd, NYU Africana
Studies Program, Black Lunch Table, and Basquiat: Still Fly @ 55, this
meetup will focus on closing the multicultural and gender gaps in Wikipedia.

All are invited, and no specialized knowledge of the subject or Wikipedia
editing experience is required. We will provide training on editing
Wikipedia, WiFi, reference materials, light refreshments, and childcare
(sponsored by Afrocrowd). Please bring your laptop, power cord, and ideas
for articles that need to be updated, translated, or created.

All languages and beginners welcome. Light refreshments will also be
available.

***
Tuesday November 10: Basquiat: Still Fly @ 55 Edit-a-thon
6:00pm - 8:30 pm (drop-in anytime!) at MoMA Cullman Education and Research
Building, 4 West 54th Street

Page on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC

Page on Meetup.com:

http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/
***

We hope to see you there!

And if you have a bit of previous Wikipedia experience, we'd welcome your
help supporting newer folks for this event as a wiki-volunteer!

Thanks,
Pharos
Wikimedia NYC