Hi Wiki Yorkers,

You are invited to join the Wikimedia NYC community in December for our
"WikiWednesday" evening salon and knowledge-sharing workshop at Babycastles
gallery by 14th Street / Union Square in Manhattan.

**This month, we will also host a Newcomer's Wiki Workshop for those who
want to get started on the project!**

We will also include a continued look at our annual plan and budget ideas,
and welcome input from community members on the sorts of projects the
chapter should support through both volunteer and budgetary efforts.

We welcome the participation of our friends from the Free Culture movement
and from educational and cultural institutions interested in developing
free knowledge projects. We will also follow up on plans for recent and
upcoming editathons, and other outreach activities.

After the main meeting, pizza/chicken/vegetables and refreshments and video
games in the gallery!

*****
WikiWednesday Details:

WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC
7:00pm - 9:00 pm, December 9 @ Babycastles, 137 West 14th Street

Agenda and RSVP on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC

(RSVP on meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/ )

We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks to our
roster, and otherwise join in the "open space" experience! (One talk this
month will be on use of Wikipedia press passes for photographers.)

Newcomers are very welcome!  Bring your friends and colleagues!

*****
Bonus events, RSVP now for our latest upcoming editathons, to help improve
different undercovered topic areas on Wikipedia:

Art & Law editathon @ School of Visual Arts
(Saturday, December 12)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Art_&_Law

Black Film: AfroCROWD editathon @ Brooklyn Public Library