Hi Wiki-Yorkers,

Join us for a full Saturday of social Wikipedia editing at MoMA (drop-in
any time!), during which we will create, update, and improve Wikipedia
articles pertaining to the lives and works of Latin American artists.

The WikiArte (Wiki Arte y Cultura Latinoamerica) edit-a-thon is a global
campaign to improve Wikipedia's coverage of Latin American arts and culture
and to counter geocultural systemic bias on Wikipedia.

http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/

The Museum of Modern Art and Fundacion Cisneros/Colección Patricia Phelps
de Cisneros are uniting with international allies to focus on the lives and
works of Latin American artists, architects and designers.

With keystone events scheduled for October 22 in New York City and other
cities throughout the month (Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Caracas, & others),
the campaign aims to further similar goals to Art+Feminism.

All are invited, with no specialized knowledge of the subject or Wikipedia
editing experience required. Introductory training on the basics of
Wikipedia editing will be given throughout the edit-a-thon. Please bring
your laptop and power cord; we will have library resources, WiFi, and a
list of suggested topics on hand.

Page on Eventbrite, RSCP and see more details here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikiarte-edit-a-thon-2016-tickets-27850123469

Page on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/WikiArte/MoMA_2016

Location: The Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Education and Research Building
at the Museum of Modern Art, 4 West 54th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenue)

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)