Wikimedia Foundation selects Watchmouse monitoring service
“Live Health” of Wikipedia and additional websites now posted and updated in
real time

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 9, 2011 – WatchMouse, a globally recognized
self-service website and application performance monitoring company, today
announced that the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation will utilize the WatchMouse
Public Status Pages to display the uptime and availability of their array of
user-built projects. The Foundation operates Wikipedia and its sister projects,
which are accessed by more than 395 million UVs (comScore Dec 2010) from around
the world, and in over 250 languages. The Wikipedia Public Status Page can be
found at http://status.wikimedia.org

“The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit
organizations in the world,” said Danese Cooper, Chief Technical Officer of the
Wikimedia Foundation. “The Foundation is deeply concerned with growing our
global user and editor base, which makes it critical for us to monitor and
maintain the live status of all of our websites — and providing a public portal
for our tens of thousands of volunteers to track uptime as well. WatchMouse
understands and supports our global mission to spread free knowledge around the
world, and with their help we're able to push our mission even further.”

The WatchMouse Public Status Page technology
(http://www.watchmouse.com/en/feature/public-status-page.html) monitors
performance and gathers availability data across a network of over 50 stations
in more than 30 countries. The Public Status Pages are free to subscribers and
trialists, and inform website visitors of the status of a specified selection
of a company’s online services. This results in reduced customer service
contacts and fosters goodwill with users by publishing the live health of a
website. The actual Public Status Pages are hosted in the cloud using Amazon's
S3 and EC2 products ensuring they are up even when a company’s website may not
be. Additional WatchMouse customers utilizing Public Status Pages include
Twitter, WordPress and Zappos.

“Non-profit organizations are transparent by nature and have a willingness to
provide information about their business activities,” stated Mark Pors, CTO and
co-founder of WatchMouse. “We’re pleased to partner with the Wikimedia
Foundation and to support all non-profit organizations by offering a deep
discount on our monitoring services.”
For more information about discounted monitoring services for non-profit
organizations, please visit http://www.watchmouse.com/non_profit_offering.php.

About WatchMouse
http://www.watchmouse.com
WatchMouse is a global industry leader in self-service website and application
performance monitoring. WatchMouse products test the behavior and availability
of websites, services and applications utilizing an infrastructure that
includes over 50 worldwide monitoring stations, in 30+ countries. WatchMouse
provides many of the world's leading companies including Twitter, WordPress,
Wikimedia Foundation, Philips, ING and VeriSign with independent confirmation
of both in-house and supplier performance. Subscribers and trialists also have
the ability to publish the live health of their websites utilizing the
WatchMouse Public Status Page technology. Supporting a broad, rapidly growing
international customer base, Founded in 2002, WatchMouse is a privately held
company headquartered in The Netherlands. Follow @watchmouse on Twitter or
learn more at http://www.watchmouse.com.

About the Wikimedia Foundation
http://wikimediafoundation.org
http://blog.wikimedia.org
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization which operates
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. According to comScore Media Metrix, Wikipedia
and the other projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation receive more than
390 million unique visitors per month, making them the 5th most popular web
property world-wide (Dec, 2010). Available in more than 270 languages,
Wikipedia contains more than 17 million articles contributed by a global
volunteer community of more than 100,000 people. Based in San Francisco,
California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) charity that is
funded primarily through donations and grants.

Media Contacts:
Mindy M. Hull
Mercury Global Partners for WatchMouse
Tel. +1 415 889 9977 (US)
Tel. +31 62 504 7680 (NL)
mi...@mercuryglobalpartners.com

Ginny Cain
Mercury Global Partners for WatchMouse
Tel. +1 925 426 0646 (US)
gi...@mercuryglobalpartners.com

Jay Walsh
Head of Communications
Wikimedia Foundation
Tel. +1 415 839 6885 x 6609
jwa...@wikimedia.org

(To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list, please reply to this note with
'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line)