Dear all,

The Chapters Committee[1], the committee that is mainly responsible
for the preparation of approval of new chapters is looking for five
new members, and we are looking for candidates.

The main focus of Chapcom is to guide groups of volunteers in forming
chapters. We make sure that the group is large enough (and advise them
on how to get bigger), review their bylaws for compliance with the
requirements for chapters and advise the Board of the Wikimedia
Foundation on chapter approvals.

This requires communication with chapter candidates all over the
World, negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity and the ability to
understand legal texts.

Key skills/experience that we are looking for in new members are typically:
   * willingness to work in a sometimes bureaucratic process
(reviewing bylaws can be somewhat boring)
   * 1-2 hours per week availability
   * international orientation
   * good communication skills in English
   * ability to work and communicate with other cultures
   * a strong understanding of the structure and work of both chapters
and the WMF
   * experience with or in an active chapter
   * an active position in a chapter is a plus
   * communication skills in other major world languages are a plus

The number of chapter applications is increasing and help is wanted!
You can send your applications with your name, contact data,
experience and motivation to the ChapCom email address,
chaptercommitte...@lists.wikimedia.org by February 15. The
applications will be considered by the current members.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me
privately. I am also happy to chat with anyone about our work, if this
helps them decide to apply.

Please distribute this call widely among your networks, and do apply
if you are interested.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos
chair,