Hi all,
the new bulletin from Wikimedia Italia (#54) is available. This time
we write about Wiki Loves Monza e Brianza, Elitre and Visual Editor,
Elections for Funds Dissemination Committee and Board of Trustees
(bravo, Cristian!), #nuovoSBN and our next appointments.

As usual a link has been added to meta, at
Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Italia ; more-or-less raw text of
the bulletin follows below.

    ciao, .mau.

 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

== Wiki Loves Monza e Brianza ==

In 2013 edition, [http://www.wikilovesmonuments.it Wiki Loves
Monuments] also promotes '''local sections''' of the competition
dedicated to monuments in a small zone. Wednesday, June 26th, the
first local section was presented with a press conference at the
"Binario 7" in Monza: [http://monzaebrianza.wikilovesmonuments.it''
'Wiki Loves Monza and Brianza''']. During the conference,
[[w:it:Utente:Caramellamenta|Emma Tracanella]] (''Project
Coordinator'') and [[[w:it:Utente:Frieda|Frieda Brioschi]]
(''President of Wikimedia Italia'') were joined by distinguished
speakers: '''Enrico Elli''', Councillor for Culture for the Province
of Monza and Brianza; '''Angelo Scarano''', Representative from the
Bar Association of Monza; '''Maria Pia Marini''', Marketing Contact of
the Chamber of Commerce of Monza and Brianza. In addition to the
contest, the initiative provides for the organization of
'''Wikigite''' on the territory of the Province, of '''''upload
party''''' at the headquarters of Wikimedia Italy (Monza) and the
establishment of an exhibition dedicated to the contest after it will
be completed. We remind you that everyone can participate to and help
Wiki Loves Monza and Brianza: you can signal a monument, ask
[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U1XaBiKFYCWirKFlWgvyi0Yx4G3xVUHNF_hIpbuu5E4/edit?pli=1
permission] to a handler or owner of property for taking photos, or
explain to your local municipality or a private entity the
[http://www.wikilovesmonuments.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Vademecum-e-autorizzazioni.pdf
few simple steps] necessary to take part to the initiative. For any
information the reference address is conta...@wikilovesmonuments.it.

== Elitre and Visual Editor ==

Some weeks ago we reported that Wikimedia Foundation was searching for
local Wikimedians who supported
[http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.foundation/66337
Engineering and Product Developement] when they were rolling in new
extensions. For Italy the choice fell to
'''[[:w:it:Utente:Elitre_%28WMF%29|Elitre]''': compliments! Here there
is the translation of her presentation letter written for Wikimedia
Italia.

''Hello all.''

''I am not a member of Wikimedia Italia, but I feel obliged to
introduce myself here as well, as several members of the association
are involved in the dissmemination of WMF projects and often also
teach its operations.''

''I'm Elitre, I am part of the Wikimedia movement since 2005 and a few
days ago I was hired by the Wikimedia Foundation to support in every
way the Italian-speaking community (mainly) in the transition to
VisualEditor. Here there is a summary the news for those of you not
editing frequently and who do not follow other places of community
discussion, apologizing to who is already aware of the theme. In
short, VisualEditor will change the way you edit Wikipedia (and later
also the other projects), making it easier and "retiring" the wiki
syntax. Not only the system is already active, but the beta version,
which will become the default, will arrive in July, and it is good to
become familiar with it, and help us in discovering any malfunctions
well before that date! If you do not know how to activate it or would
like more details, see
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VisualEditor.''

'' The answers to the most frequent questions have been collected
[http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VisualEditor/FAQ here], and a
[http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Manual manual]
was also sketched. Several users are already reporting their
experiences and communicating their observations: we therefore expect
many of you [http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Commenti
on this page]. For any communication, use my user page
[http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussioni_utente:Elitre_(WMF) Elitre
(WMF)] or the email elitrenta at wikimedia.org.''

''Thank you and have a nice day!''

''Erica''

== Elections for Funds Dissemination Committee and Board of Trustees ==

From June 8 to 22, the Wikimedia community has been called to vote to
elect three new members of the
[https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/Board_elections/2013
Board of Trustees] of the Wikimedia Foundation; concurrently, for the
first time, they voted for the
[https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/FDC_elections/2013
Funds Dissemination Committee] (FDC) and the FDC Ombudsperson.
According to the organizers, the management of elections at the same
time made the voting process more complex, but Monday, June 24
[http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/06/24/wikimedia-movement-election-results-announced/
the official results] were regularly announced: valid votes were in
total '''1809'''.
We are proud to announce that
'''[[:w:it:Utente:CristianCantoro|Cristian Consonni]]''', vice
president of Wikimedia Italia, was elected among the members of FDC.

Waiting for more detailed statistics, here there are the names and
nicknames of the elected:

;BOARD OF TRUSTEES: Samuel Klein (Sj); Phoebe Ayers (phoebe); María
Sefidari (Raystorm)

;FUNDS DISSEMINATION COMMITTEE: notafish (Delphine Ménard);
CristianCantoro (Cristian Consonni)

;FDC Ombudsperson: Lusitana (Susana Morais)

Wikimedia Foundation invites everyone (candidates, voters, members of
the Board and staff of Wikimedia Foundation) to participate in the
[https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Post_mortem
'''''Post-Mortem''' discussion''] about the elections.

== #nuovoSBN: an opportunity not to be missed ==
Thursday, June 20 the meeting
[http://www.aib.it/struttura/sezioni/lazio/2013/35059-aib-rilanciare-sbn/
Reviving the National Library Service] (SBN, "Servizio Bibliotecario
Nazionale") took place. The appointment was promoted by the
[http://www.aib.it/ Italian Library Association (AIB, "Associazione
Italiana Biblioteche")], Lazio AIB Section and the Goethe-Institut in
Rome to discuss the future of '''national library services'''; high
institutional officers were present.
For the occasion, some members of the
[http://mailman.wikimedia.it/listinfo/bibliotecari discussion list for
librarians and Wikipedians] have written a joint letter in which they
advance some proposals and ideas with the hope that they were dealt
with in  the Rome conference. Title of the letter was:
[http://bit.ly/128AXbe Reviving SBN: an opportunity not to be missed].
One of the objectives of the appeal was to bring together the two
souls of the library world, the one tied to the more traditional
concept of "library as a physical place" and the one more interested
in sharing data, their quality and the free re-use. Thanks to the
initiative of the '''librarians-Wikipedians''', the day was followed
by an intense and animated live tweet: by consulting the hashtag page
[https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nuovosbn&src=hash #nuovoSBN] you can
get a general idea of what has been the spirit of the meeting of 20
June. The discussion list for librarians and Wikipedians contributes
with its work to a wider debate on the library world ,and will
continue to monitor the situation and take action to listen to their
ideas: you are all welcome!

== Past and future appointments ==
* June 24: [[:w:it:Utente:Frieda|Frieda Brioschi]] (''President of
Wikimedia Italia'') participated in the webcast
[http://penelope.blog.rai.it/ #Penelope Live] dedicated to the theme
''#VitainCo, our shared existence.'' Frieda told about the Wikimedia
movement, the situation of open culture in Italy and... made ​​a leap
in his past as a Wikipedian.

* June 28, Bologna: [[:w:it:Utente:Atropine|Atropine]] and
[[w:it:Utente:Virginia_Gentilini|Virginia Gentilini]] hold a meeting
of introduction to Wikipedia at the Arcigay club
[http://www.cassero.it/ Il Cassero], to show the projects relevant for
the LGBT world present on Wikipedia.