On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Brianna Laugher
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/11/19 Stephen Bain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Brianna Laugher
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course it will be under a free
>>> license, probably CC-BY-SA.
>>
>> Dual CC-BY-SA / GFDL would be nice, that would make it compatible with
>> the Wikimedia projects (and our own wiki!).
>
> [I'm trying not to think about the licensing mess of transferring meta
> content to officialwiki, and then meta content (probably) goes to
> CC-BY-SA, but officialwiki doesn't because of the date cutoffs and
> blah blah... you see? Gawd...]
>
> Anyway dual licensing is of course a possibility, but I'm pretty sure
> as long as CC-BY-SA is in there it doesn't much matter what else is.
> :)

The simple solution is to require that all members assign the
copyright of all wiki-text to WM-AU, or all members give WM-AU the
right to relicense it.  Then by resolution of the committee, or an
AGM, it can be relicensed any way we wish, without needing to seek
permission from members who might be no longer available.

--
John Vandenberg