On 11/19/08, Orderinchaos78 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Re licensing - I've been using CC 3.0 for my own non-text contributions for
> ages now and found when I was dealing with a politician's office a couple of
> months back that the licence offered the best balance between free content
> and copyright holder rights, especially with images, sounds and media. When
> we were dealing with GFDL people complained about the "mass of text",
> thought it sounded threatening and wouldn't touch it. So yeah, I'd support
> the CC direction personally, especially now we have this "window" until June
> next year with the two licences being completely interchangeable.
>
> - Andrew

 Indeed.
However when you say " I've been using CC 3.0" that is not a license per se
- that's a family of licenses (i know you know this already - I'm not trying
to teach you to suck eggs). So, did you mean that the politician liked the
particular license (presumably by-sa) or did you mean that the process of
dealing with CC licenses in general was better?

-Liam

Email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914
Skype - Wittylama