I think regardless of your opinion of the relative merits of the various
high-school matriculation exams, none of the states will be relinquishing
control of their system to the federal gov't any time soon.

I am very happy with the quality of the NSW HSC programme and cannot speak
for the quality of any of the other States, but I would swap that in a
second for a truly national curriculum/programme. IMO it is ridiculous for a
nation of <25M people to have 5+ education systems that are not compatible.
Russia has 1 for its huge landmass. France, Germany, England (and presumably
many Asian countries) have 1 each and they have far more students than we
do. Why can't we - because the Constitution says so... Bah!

-Liam

On 12/1/08, Bao-Loc Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "There are state politics and rivalries involved and in particular South
> Australia and Victoria will refuse to go backwards to accommodate NSW"
>
> You're saying you think SA has a stronger system than NSW?
>
> Or that SA define going backwards as going forwards or vice versa

Email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914
Skype - Wittylama
Wikipedia - [[User:Witty lama]]