I think this card might just be a WA thing - I don't believe it exists in
NSW for example.
As for a general list and a "pack" (of sorts) I agree. We would be
representing WM-AU not ourselves even if we would have to be individually
approved.

On a further point, once we got established and had a bit of a track record
in doing this we might want to talk about charging a fee. (not for the first
few times mind you). This is absolutely standard practice and is not
considered poor form. The trick would be working out what that fee was and
what proportion went to WM-AU and what proportion went to the individuals.
The individuals might also need to consider travel/food/lost income expenses
which might need to be taken into consideration too.

As I say, this is not a question for now, but we shouldn't be afraid of
charging a fee to visit schools - especially if we do it regularly, have a
pack of resources to give to teachers, have a set presentation etc.

-Liam

On 12/1/08, Bao-Loc Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Strange, what is this card?
>
> I never got one or any kind of accreditation and I think a few first-year
> uni students that I supervised in physics laboratories would not have turned
> 18 until part-way until the year
>
> 2008/12/1 Orderinchaos78 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Like I said I have a WA working with children card, I'd imagine other
>> people here have similar in their states, maybe we should make a list of
>> them per state, or people with educational contacts, and get a pack
>> happening that we can approach the relevant bodies with? I'd like a pack
>> rather than us just making approaches as I think we should to some extent be
>> centralising given our small numbers and limited development to date so that
>> we have a professional, coordinated approach and give an impression of
>> knowing what we are talking about.
>>
>> Graphic design opitions are worthy of consideration too - these people
>> like packs, they're used to them, and we only really have to make one or two
>> and probably have the skills within our group to do the production
>> ourselves. Also don't forget the Catholic Education Commissions in each
>> state, they have quite a lot of clout in terms of the number of students
>> they cover from one place.
>>
>> All just ideas but putting them out there in case someone thinks it really
>> is a good idea and we can get something going on it.
>>
>> cheers
>> Andrew
>>
>> 2008/12/1 Liam Wyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> I think regardless of your opinion of the relative merits of the various
>>> high-school matriculation exams, none of the states will be relinquishing
>>> control of their system to the federal gov't any time soon.
>>>
>>> I am very happy with the quality of the NSW HSC programme and cannot
>>> speak for the quality of any of the other States, but I would swap that in a
>>> second for a truly national curriculum/programme. IMO it is ridiculous for a
>>> nation of <25M people to have 5+ education systems that are not compatible.
>>> Russia has 1 for its huge landmass. France, Germany, England (and presumably
>>> many Asian countries) have 1 each and they have far more students than we
>>> do. Why can't we - because the Constitution says so... Bah!
>>>
>>> -Liam

>>> --
>>> Email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914