Would it be of value for WM-au to invite a representative from the ABS to
speak at a Sydney Wiki wednesday on the the change to CC?

It would providing ABS a means of delivering the message to a wider audience
that's interested such things as well as being a way for them to get some
feed back on doing it.

2008/12/4 Nathan Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Congratulations to the ABS for selecting CC as their new licencing scheme.
> Cheers,
> Nathan.
>

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Mark Hurd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Craig Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I think you'll see "more" of it.  I don't think that anyone is arguing
>> that
>> > ABS stats are unreliable or anything, and this news is likely to be
>> welcomed
>> > with open arms by the Australian open source community.  Of course, the
>> > stats themselves are probably not encyclopædic in their unedited form,
>> but
>> > this should remove any ambiguity on making graphs or maps with them, as
>> well
>> > as providing a lot of good publicity.
>> >
>> > In short, this is a "good thing"!
>>
>> Yeah, I know. 'twas really just a rant against the current
>> deletionists on Wikipedia.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)

GN.