Hi folks,

It has come to my attention that Liam and you folks have decided not
to pursue this project.

I think this would be a mistake.

So, I thought I would write you folks and everyone at Wikimedia AU
this e-mail so we can start a broader conversation.

I understand you folks were interested in doing another project with
Powerhouse, which is great, but I don't see why that would preclude
joining us in this project as well.

The important thing to understand is that this is a "pre-wrapped"
project, where the model has already been developed and accepted by
several different museums around the world, and getting it going in
Sydney would require minimal work on your part.  Since this is a
project that has some establishment cred with the other museums, it
could even be a great way to get your foot in the door for future, and
hopefully more ambitious, activities.

I know Liam expressed concern about having to schedule something for a
particular day.  It should be clear that this event is not on one day;
it's run during the whole month of February, but the museums can
choose to have a "public event" on any particular day they might like.

You should know that we currently have four museums that are part of
this project, in New York City, London, Los Angeles and Indianapolis,
and we're working on Wikimedian teams in each.  On the chapters front,
in addition to Wikimedia New York City (which if we're lucky might
become official by event time), we're also working closely with
Wikimedia UK, and their Secretary Andrew Turvey.  Jay Walsh has
commented to me that this is really the first inter-chapter project of
this type, and I hope that Wikimedia AU can reconsider and join our
little effort.

As I understand it, they're maybe on the fence now at Powerhouse with
WLA, and a simple word from you folks could push them into positive
territory.

Thanks for your consideration,
Pharos