I can't speak for Gideon, but I would like to be considered for the ordinary
member position in the event that he should get the nod. However, this was
not written on my nomination submission so I wouldn't expect to be
retroactively given a new nomination approval...

- Liam

On 1/5/09, Mark Hurd <markeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Nominations closed yesterday and these are the received nominations:
> >
> > President       Brianna Laugher
> > Vice President  Liam Wyatt
> > Vice President  Gideon Digby
> > Treasurer       Brian Salter-Duke
> > Secretary       Sarah Ewart
> > Ordinary Member         John Vandenberg
> > Ordinary Member         Nathan Carter
> > Ordinary Member         Andrew Owens
> >
> > Candidate statements and nomination information is available at
> > <http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2008-2009_AGM>.
> >
> > This means we will hold a ballot for the position of Vice President
> > (1) and Ordinary Member (2).
> >
> > We anticipate using memberdb to allow voting prior to the AGM. Using
> > memberdb you can change your vote during the voting period (you get an
> > email record sent to you). This should allow more members to
> > participate than if we require in-person attendance.
> >
> > The voting period will likely be from Tuesday up to the AGM. I will
> > write to the members list to announce when voting opens.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Brianna
>

> Should the VP candidates be included in the Ordinary Member election
> too (if they want to) so the failing VP candidate may still be a
> committee member if they get enough votes to be an Ordinary Member?
> (Probably not for this election.)
>

> --
> Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)

Email - liamwy...@gmail.com