On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:41:48PM +1100, Brianna Laugher wrote:
> 2009/1/5 Craig Franklin <cr...@halo-17.net>:
> >> Should the VP candidates be included in the Ordinary Member election
> >> too (if they want to) so the failing VP candidate may still be a
> >> committee member if they get enough votes to be an Ordinary Member?
> >> (Probably not for this election.)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)
> >
> > I'd say that section 23(2) of the rules probably rules this out, namely "A
> > candidate may only be nominated for one office, or as an ordinary member of
> > the committee, prior to the annual general meeting."
> >
> > Also, I feel it would be a bit odd now that nominations have closed to
> > change the way the election will be conducted.
>
> Yes. I actually found this rule rather bizarre. I thought it was
> normal to be able to nominate for multiple positions, in case you
> don't get the first one.
>
> This is something I think we should consider changing, at some point.
> Now that we have some experience using our Rules we know a bit better
> which of them need some tweaking.

I agree and I have made a note to consider it during the year. There
will probably be a number of things we should think about improving in
the rules.

Brian.

> cheers
> Brianna
>
> --
> They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
> http://modernthings.org/

          Brian Salter-Duke            b_d...@bigpond.net.au
               [[User:Bduke]]  mainly on en:Wikipedia.
     Also on fr: Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki and Wikiversity and others.
                   Go Wikimedia Australia Inc, Go!