Hi,

The rules appear to be quite clear that a candidate may only be
/nominated/ for one office or as an ordinary member. However, these
rules are probably drafted with the style of meeting in mind where all
the members sit in one room, and in order vote for president, then
vice-president, then ... then ordinary member. The quoted rule doesn't
say (maybe some other part does) whether the unsuccessful candidates for
the named offices can also be /considered /(voted on) for positions as
ordinary members, as it could already be known whether they were elected
as president before the vice-president and ordinary member votes are
held. I'd guess the intent is to ensure that a single person can't
accidentally be /elected/ to more than one office.

I toss the above in to the conversation as another possible
interpretation, and duck back into my hole for cover :-)

In support of the current interpretation of the rule, I note that
unsuccessful candidates for mayor end up not sitting on the city
council. They aren't considered as councillors if they're unsuccessful
at becoming mayor.

Scott