If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I believe
that the mixed reaction came when an additional round of notifications
on their talk page was done indiscriminately, on their own volition.
Before that, there was a round of personal emails to people who were
personally supporting WM-AU, and/or were active, and there weren't any
problems. So I think as long as we know what'd going on with doing the
contacting, there shouldn't be a problem.

2009/1/14 Charles Gregory <wikimediaau.li...@chuq.net>:
> If those people have voluntarily listed themselves as supporting WMAU,
> surely a note on their talk page stating that the AGM has occurred and the
> result of it (new committee) wouldn't hurt - as well as a link to futher
> details on current activities - the PHM, Canberra convention, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

> 2009/1/14 Orderinchaos78 <orderinchao...@gmail.com>
>>
>> I would agree with Gnangarra and Nick on this. The last time upset quite a
>> few people and hampered our recruitment efforts.
>>
>> 2009/1/14 Gnangarra <gnanga...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> A notice at WP:AWNB is ok but targeting individuals isnt a good idea

>>> --
>>> GN.
>>> http://gnangarra.redbubble.com/

Always here,