I'll throw it back here rather than add to the page,

WM-au neds an ID system and if we want to be more serious some form of
accreditation system for photographers to attend these kind of thing. The
reason is that we are then establishing that the person is a member of the
association and that association has no issue with the person contact them
as such. Accerditation will also ensure that the person is actually going to
use and release the photographs under a free license via one of the projects
rather than get access and then just sell the images.

2009/1/16 private musings <thepmacco...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I've created http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Contacting_external_folk as a
> place to centralise some information, and chat about good processes for how
> non-committee members (and indeed anyone really) may be able to make contact
> with external agencies for various reasons - take a look if you get the
> chance, and help knock it into shape :-)
>
> My inspiration for this was a whisper that it might be possible to attend a
> Manly Sea Eagles training / press session to get some high quality images -
> I know that the Wallabies (union national team) are also fairly open to such
> things, so thought it might be a good idea to centralise the info.
>
> cheers,
>
> Peter,
> PM.

GN.