we've said that we're requesting a spot for the Prez, and that in the event
that there is funding and all the stars align then we'd like to send the
Vice Prez too. There is discussion about whether 1 or 2 people from the
various chapters will be going but I think it unlikely given the costs -
especially for WM-Au.

We've not discussed fundraising or the allocation of funds to this as yet.

-Liam

On 2/11/09, private musings <thepmacco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> coolio! - I'd missed the detail in the minutes (sorry);
>
> http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_(2009_January_15)<http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_%282009_January_15%29>
>
> - is there any call for a bit of AU fundraising at this stage? - the
> minutes indicate we've requested subsidy, and presumably the WMF and the
> German Chapter are kicking in with some financial support - is this covering
> enough? - Presumably those interested in bringing Wikimania to these shores
> are aware of how useful some 'face time' might be with various chapter types
> - and I wonder if we've considered sending our VP along too? (if he's
> available, for example?)
>
> cheers,
>
> Peter,
> PM.
>
> 2009/2/11 Sarah Ewart <sarahew...@gmail.com>
>

>> 2009/2/11 private musings <thepmacco...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> G'day all,
>>>
>>> I just thought I'd ask the committee (and anyone else) if they've heard
>>> anything about possible attendance at an 'all chapters' meeting in
>>> Berlin in April... in particular if fund-raising is being considered, or
>>> maybe just to check that we're 'on the radar' down here :-)
>>>

>> Yes, it was mentioned in the minutes I posted last week. Brianna, as
>> President, will be going to represent us and we have requested funding.

Email - liamwy...@gmail.com
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914
Skype - Wittylama
Wikipedia - [[User:Witty lama]]