Hi,

Electronic Frontiers Australia has made a submission to the DBCDE
'Future Directions' review:
<http://www.efa.org.au/2009/02/11/efa-lsubmission-to-dbcde/>
(submission is
<http://www.efa.org.au/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/20090211-efa-dbcde-futuredirections.pdf>,
10 pages)

This was discussed a bit previously on this list. We are planning to
make a submission (the closing date was actually today, but Liam has
asked for an extension. They usually hand these out pretty liberally).
We would probably not go as far as EFA do in many of the issues they
raise, but some of them are very relevant.

Nathan has put some work in at
<http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Submission_on_Australian_Digital_Futures_Directions>.
If you are interested in helping WMAU put its best foot forward in a
government submission, please have a look at the consultation paper at
<http://www.dbcde.gov.au/communications_for_business/industry_development/digital_economy>
and put your 2c in on the wiki page.

cheers
Brianna