A couple of days ago the ABC's excellent collaborative media site, Pool, posted
a recording of genetics professor Steve Jones talking about Darwin's life and
work<http://www.pool.org.au/audio/pool_team/steve_jones_on_chales_darwin_interviewed_on_abc_rns_life_matters>
 under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial
licence<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/>. As far as we're aware,
this is the very first time material from the ABC archives has been released
under a Creative Commons licence.

And this is just the beginning. Pool plans to release a whole series of ABC
archival materials that for remixing as part of its its Gene
Pool<http://pool.org.au/blog/pool_team/gene_pool_launch_and_open_archives_release>
 project.

We're all very excited here at CCau. The ABC has, almost without question, the
largest historical audiovisual archive in Australia. Just think what we can do
with it.

Read more about it at CCau here: http://creativecommons.org.au/node/211

Or on Pool itself:
http://pool.org.au/blog/pool_team/gene_pool_launch_and_open_archives_release.