Hi,

I think there is a lot of scope for work we can do with the education
sector. There is also some funding coming up/available that I would
like to see us apply for.

One immediate problem I see is the lack of a concrete partner. Are we
talking about hosting an open kind of event like GLAM-WIKI, where we
essentially invite anyone and everyone interested to attend,
essentially a conference? Then that is an awful lot of work to
organise and I don't see that happening by September.

Are we talking about going into a single school, perhaps inviting
teachers from the surrounding regions to also attend? Then who is our
specific partner that will sign on there?

What about "going where the teachers are"? Teachers and educators
actually have an awful lot of tech infrastructure set up already . My
guess is that we can have more impact by going to them rather than
dragging them to us.
e.g. the me.edu.au networks:
http://me.edu.au/c/Wikis
http://me.edu.au/c/Wikipedia

That also applies to conferences. What if we piggybacked on an existing event?
<http://www.edna.edu.au/edna/go/events/conferences/cache/offonce;jsessionid=A27055CE9591E27E200CB229DA53AD8F>
Either by formally asking the organisers to be part of their event, or
just collocating in time and place.

How can we build up our internal strength in the area of public
speaking for these kinds of events? I am afraid we are at risk of
leaning on the same people constantly. Are people just not interested
in speaking about Wikipedia et al? Or are they interested but not sure
what to say, how to say it?

I also agree with Andrew's comment that we have a number of
edu-focused people among us already and we should make sure we are
getting their input before looking further afield.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/