Hi all,

Some great news this week. As you may or may not recall Wikimedia
Australia applied for several grants some months ago under the
Wikimedia Foundation's chapters grants scheme.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants> We
received word from Jennifer Riggs (WMF's Chief Program Officer) that
the following applications were accepted:

1) GLAM Conference @ USD $5,000

2) Wikimedia Australia Outreach @ USD $3,000
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants/WM_AU/Outreach_conference>

3) Printing and Merchandise Start-up @ USD $2,500 (Reduced from $3,240
to encourage thrift and intentional distribution and tracking of
collateral materials.)
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants/WM_AU/Printing_and_Merchandise_Startup_Kit>

4) Wikimedia-AU Board Development @ US $2,800
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants/WM_AU/Board_Capacity_Development>

5) Conference registration fees @ USD $1,500
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants/WM_AU/Conference_and_Fair_Stalls>

These are basically all the grants we asked for (one for software
development was withdrawn, following some suggestions from Jennifer
about better ways to proceed). I'm really pleased about the trust
being placed in us and excited about how this will help us step up in
the world.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/