While a large minority or most of the obvious things on topics in the
English wiki has been created, the coverage of non-English topics is
absolutely pathetic. Even some monarchs don't have their own pages, not to
mention generals who were the heads of the army and led the way in big wars
for 20+ years, eg [[Dao Duy Tu]]. Then they are mostly stubs as well.

We might have to wait until English and the internet becomes more widespread
in Asian countries, which will depend on economic growth.

On another note, I can't believe why PRC doesn't just open up Wikipedia. If
I were them I would, at least on Tibet or Uighur topics, or other topics
related to historical disputes with neighbouring countries. There would be
hundreds of nationalist SPA editors flooding the Dalai Lama pages with
attack edits constantly.

If I were the WMF board, I would be happy for those articles that they
aren't editing.