Hi,

I am pleased to announce that the State Library of Queensland has
donated 50,000 public domain jpeg images to Wikimedia Australia, and
we are currently in the process of uploading them.

We are still in the process of launching everything.  The central page
for documenting and discussing it is here:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:State_Library_of_Queensland

To get a feel for the people at the library behind this effort, and
the library sector here in Australia, I recommend reading this paper
written by Margaret Warren, who is one of the key people we have been
working with at the library.

http://www.nsla.org.au/publications/papers/2010/pdf/NSLA.Discussion-Paper-20100809-Public.domain.material.in.Collections.pdf

We will be running new banners every day, and Wikimedians are welcome
to create their own banners and we'll run the best ones.  The banners
need to use the SLQ images, and be 3000px by 150-180px.

--
John Vandenberg