Hi!

The problem isn't so much with how it is run currently, but that the
current model means that the election is run entirely by the previous
committee or people from the previous committee: including accepting
nominations, managing the count, and handling the results. Ideally,
people who are running for a position shouldn't also be managing the
election process, yet at the moment that's how things are set up.
There are good reasons for doing things the way we have, and as a
small organisation with limited funding this wasn't a major concern,
but for the long term it would be nice to rethink this - especially as
WMAU changes and our responsibilities grow. Changing how we manage
elections wouldn't be difficult or expensive, and I think it would put
us in a better position, so it seems worth getting it right now and
then not having to worry about this issue again.

I'll look at workspaces, and having your help, to any extent, would be great. :)

Adam.