Well, our "related" link at the top of the "Wikipedia:Australian
Wikipedians' notice board":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Australian_Wikipedians%27_notice_board

points to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Australia-related_WikiProjects

And before that is the link "Category":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_Australia

So those categories corresponds to the second page (section), though
they're not as organised.

As for the first part, I navigated the above categories and found this template:

Template:Australian quick links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Australian_quick_links

which is clearly related to the one you found, but seems a bit forlorn...

--
Regards,
Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)