Ah,,, Spam is certainly a good reason not to open the floodgates - do you
think it would definitely be too much for one volunteer (ie. me) to handle,
Angela?

Is there a readily available technical tool to reduce the ability to spam
bots to cause trouble?

It's the lack of accounts, and general wiki action that I think might be
helped by trialling an open registration process. Is your comment about
accounts requiring a flag something that needs to change, or a bit of work
that needs to be done (ie. we have the tools) - if the later, is any more
man (or woman) power required?

I'd really like to give an open wiki a chance - at least a trial - it does
sometimes surprise me that the idea finds it hard to gain traction... ;-)

cheers,

Peter,
PM.