I concur with Kerry. This is an extremely complex and largely unresolved
area. I have had students working with Indigenous communities on long term
mapping and digitisation projects. Even with formal organisational approval
and support, dedicated resources and close liaison with leaders, managing
the numerous stakeholders and their expectations is very difficult. Apart
from that, the copyright issues are ... well, also difficult.

Whiteghost.ink