You're preaching to the converted. :-) I don't see a problem with persuading
anyone of the significance of the data set. But I would still like to know of
specifically interested researchers because that info is used to justify
allocation of resources and because we need to know what kinds of indexes etc
need to be established to assist the researchers which means we need to know a
bit about the nature of their current or proposed research. If we can build a
community of researchers around the data set, then we can use that community as
the basis of a later NeCTAR bid or something along those lines to further
enrich and develop in this space.

I am already talking with Rob Cook, CEO of QCIF about putting it onto QCloud

http://www.qcif.edu.au/services/qcloud

This would give us storage, a virtual machine to host a web server for access
to the data, plus access to high performance computing to process the data
(where required).

I think the first steps are the storage for the dumps and web server to access
them (so really just a local mirror). I have a guy working on a similar project
to make the Trove newspaper data accessible to researchers so I am hoping that
after he's had his baptism of fire learning about QCloud on that project, he'll
be interested to do a small project (as WMAU doesn't have a lot of cash) to do
the basics of a setup for the WP dumps. Then I think we really need a community
of researchers as mentioned above to make decisions about preprocessing,
indexes etc.

Sent from my iPad