Dear Australian lists, and Cultural partnerships list,

I've been invited to give a presentation to the staff of the State Library
of NSW next month, as part of a series of presentations to the (relatively)
senior staff by different "key audience groups" about how that group uses
the library services. It's a bit like a one-man focus group. For those not
from Australia - this is the country's oldest public library and has an
unrivalled collection of original materials about the early history of the
country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLNSW They also are starting to get
very active in Wikipedia themselves:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/SLNSW

I have been asked to talk about how the "typical Wikimedian" would use
their services and how it could be improved. Whatever the "typical"
wikimedian is...

1) I would appreciate if anyone could send me through any thoughts that
they already have about using the State Library of NSW (online or offline)
and I will convey them.

2) I would very much appreciate "user
stories<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_story>"
about what YOU, as a Wikimedian, do with YOUR library - and how YOUR
library makes this easy/hard.

3) Equally, if you want to have a play with their website, and send me your
thoughts, here it is:

Main page: http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/
Manuscripts and images catalogue: http://acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/search/
SimpleSearch.aspx
[book] catalogue here: http://library.sl.nsw.gov.au/search/

Personally, my initial thoughts are to talk about things like:
- image licensing and access policies/fees (copyright etc.)
- difficulty of citation of original materials (do I use the 'digital order
number', the 'call number', the URL etc?)

But I'm very very interested in hearing what YOU do and what YOU would like
to see from a major library, in the idea world, about how they could serve
us as an audience.

Sincerely,
-Liam