From: John Andersson <john.anders...@wikimedia.se>
Date: Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Subject: [cultural-partners] This Saturday – in a language version near you
To: "cultural-partn...@wikimedia.ch" <cultural-partn...@wikimedia.ch>,
"g...@lists.wikimedia.org" <g...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Dear everybody,

Sorry for cross posting.

On Saturday the 29th of June, there will be a number of WWI
edit-a-thons organized in Europe and Australia! So far six countries
have edit-a-thons planned and volunteers from two other countries are
planning online events in two other Wikipedia language versions!

This is an initiative by Wikimedia Sverige, in cooperation with
Europeana, and we would like to invite all of you to organize a small
gathering in your country/hometown; create an online contest in your
language version; or simply join one of the existing ones – simply
sign up on Meta or drop me an email if you have any questions!

If you, as a participant, use the images from Europeana and write
articles you can win a travel check with 300 euros (which for example
could help cover part of your costs for participating at Wikimania or
some other nice trip)! Read more about the Europeana Challenge here.

As far as I know this is the largest number of parallel edit-a-thons
ever! So don't miss out now when we are writing history! *pun
intended*

Kind regards,

John
- - - -
John Andersson
Wikimedia Sverige
Project Leader Europeana Awareness

Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
Email: john.anders...@wikimedia.se
Skype: johnandersson86

Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @wikieuropeana
Visit http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:Europeana_Awareness/English
for more information about our project!

Vill du stödja fri kunskap? Bli medlem i Wikimedia Sverige! / Would
you like to support free knowledge? Please consider becoming a member
of Wikimedia Sweden!