Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce some changes to Wikimedia Australia that has taken
effect today.

Over the past month, I have been working towards us becoming a registered
charitable organisation, and this is effective as of today. This will make
us automatically eligible for income tax exemption, and bring us in-line
with other large chapters like WMUK which are registered charities. At this
stage, donations to Wikimedia Australia are still not tax deductible but
becoming a charitable organisation is a step in the process to becoming a
deductible gift recipient.

I have also been working on securing us public liability insurance cover
which has also come into effect as of today.

Our main page has also been given a facelift and an updated design. Let us
know what you think.

Please feel free to contact the committee or myself about the changes,

Regards,
Steven Zhang
Committee Member, Wikimedia Australia
steven.zh...@wikimedia.org.au