Its been around a little while AIPP has already contacted Tennis Australia
over the issue, it is not a good opportunity for anyone what they require
is well beyond what would be reasonable for  an amateur photographer, its
in essence a professional photographer positions without any support,
financial assistance, insurance nor any rights. As I understand Tennis
Australia has withdrawn the positions, IMHO as a community group we should
never place ourselves in a position of promoting the abuse of community
time by corporations especially ones with the capacity to pay market rates
for commercial work.

On 10 September 2013 17:16, Charles Gregory <wikimediaau.li...@chuq.net>wrote:

> Has anyone heard about this (which has been going around Facebook,
> possibly other networks/forums)?
>
> https://www.facebook.com/TAPayTogs
>
> http://www.seek.com.au/job/25179489
>
> In short: Tennis Australia have advertised for photographers for an
> upcoming tournament.. but the catch is - they are looking for volunteers,
> with their own equipment, who will not be paid and...
>
> (the clincher) ...Tennis Australia will retain copyright over all images.
>
> Obviously if it wasn't for the last issue this would be a great
> opportunity for some fantastic Commons photographers.  Is there anything we
> could say (either publicly, or privately to Tennis Australia) to raise
> awareness of this issue?
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles

GN.