Hi,

The State Library of Queensland (SLQ) Pitch In! project has three more
weeks to go.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:WikiProject_SLQ

New users and anons are still appearing whenever the SLQ promote the
project on social media.  e.g.
https://en.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChangesLinked&days=30&from=&target=Index%3AAustralian_enquiry_book_of_household_and_general_information.djvu

SLQ has added an oral history to be transcribed, and after a bit of
fiddling we have the transcription project ready.  It is a 1h20m
interview of Ian Charlton, a retired Queensland architect.  SLQ has a
large collection of similar interviews of significant architects, and
hope this pilot will clear the way for more similar uploads.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Index:Ian_Charlton.ogg

The Proofread Page software doesnt have any special support for ogg
files, however each page has a player preset to the desired starting
point for transcription.  The player should jump forward without
needing to download the 80meg audio file. e.g.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page:Ian_Charlton.ogg/17

This transcription can then be 'incorporated' into the ogg file using
the new Timed Media Handler.  I've done a quick demo here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/TimedText:Ian_Charlton.ogg.en.srt

This is new territory for Wikisource, and the Commons timedtext
feature is also fairly new to most of us.  It would be great if a few
members of this list can play around with this ogg project a little
and report problems. Next week newbies will be asked to contribute to
this transcription.
There is a centralised discussion at
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Scriptorium#Transcribing_audio

--