All,

We have on numerous occasions explained the reasons we reshuffled our
committee, which we submitted to CAV, the regulator, who accepted these
changes both over the phone and in writing. If anyone disagrees with the
decision, as previously mentioned on the old members list and I will
mention here, contact CAV and dispute their decision. Continuing to dispute
their decision and subsequent actions made by the committee as a result of
their decision is not productive. It had been noted several times the
actions that can be taken if the decision of CAV is disputed, yet instead
of doing so the decision was made by people to continue to bring it up on
this list and disrupt it. This, combined with the numerous complaints we
received regarding their conduct, is why the decision was made to remove
Tony from the list. He would have received an automatic unsubscription
notification via email, it is set up to do so in the list settings and was
tested yesterday. Given the circumstances we felt this was adequate.

There are now two mailing lists - wikimedia-au-members, and
wikimedia-au-announce, one a discussion list for chapter members, the other
for announcements. I'll ask for someone independent to take on
administering this list, then remove myself and Charles as list admins.

This will be my last post here on this matter, as I will be unsubscribing
from this list. I recommended others consider the same.

Steven Zhang
President - Wikimedia Australia
steven.zh...@wikimedia.org.au