From: wikimediaau-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimediaau-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Michael
Billington
Sent: Tuesday, 29 July 2014 6:48 PM
To: Wikimedia-au
Subject: [Wikimediaau-l] Women of Science Wikibomb event in Canberra,August
14

Hi all,

Posting some information about a free event which may interest Australian
Wikimedians.

The Australian Academy of Science is running an editathon in Canberra on
August 14 to boost the coverage of female Australian Scientists on
Wikipedia. For those not in Canberra, there is the option to participate
online as well.

It was covered in The Age on Sunday[1], and registrations close this
Friday[2].

Whilst Wikimedia Australia is looking at sending somebody as an official
point of contact, I'd strongly encourage experienced and new editors alike
to get involved with this valuable initiative.

Cheers,

-Michael Billington

(Cross-posted to WP:AWNB for those not on the list)

[1]
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/sci-tech/dr-who-campaign-to-boost-digita
l-profile-of-australias-female-scientists-20140726-zwvw5.html

[2] http://www.science.org.au/node/324884