https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Sydney/University_of_Sydney_Wikibomb

This is going to be big.  There are 39 signed up (mostly female academics
and students), but we are expecting nearer 100.

How Wikipedians can help:

We will have a decent number of experienced editors on site, but we will be
stretched. Anyone who can provide online support 03:00-07:00 UTC tomorrow
(Friday) would be much appreciated. Please add your name to the project
page with a note so that we know who we can call on. Here's some ways you
can help:

   1. Any sandbox started by a wikibomb participant should be added to
*Category:University
   of Sydney Wikibomb 2014
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:University_of_Sydney_Wikibomb_2014>*
so
   that we can all find it.
   2. Monitor *These Related Changes

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChangesLinked/Wikipedia:Meetup/Sydney/University_of_Sydney_Wikibomb>*
   look out for editors having trouble.
   3. Write (kind) sandbox_talk page comments if you see *promotional
   language*. It seems that some participants are intending to write
   articles about their friend/colleague/boss. The organizing team now all
   understand how much COI
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:COI> editing
   is discouraged, but I'm afraid academics are harder to herd than cats. We
   are at least trying to ensure that everyone declares their employer on
   their userpage, and declares any COI they have on the article talk.
   4. Assess articles' *readiness to move into mainspace* (also post a note
   on the talk page). Experienced Wikipedians will do these moves, but for COI
   and general stress relief, it would be good to have third party eyes over
   it.
   5. *Categorize, prettify, wikidatify, wikiprojectify* ({{WP Australia
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:WP_Australia>}}{{WP Biography
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:WP_Biography>}} etc) any
   articles that do make it into mainspace. We will not have time to
   concentrate on any of these things.
   6. *Ping me (99of9 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:99of9>)* or
   another involved Wikipedian if you spot any problems.
   7. Publicise on *Twitter (#Wikibomb)* with a link to the project page

Thanks for helping!

Toby/99of9