There's quite a long list of improvements that could be made to the
Wikipedia footnote format that Trove produces automatically. Many of them
are already logged in their internal code-review system at the National
Library but, due to internal prioritisation of the bug/feature queue this
doesn't get very high on the list unfortunately. Originally that system was
also only enabled on the digitised newspapers but, eventually propagated
out to other areas of the service too where it's less applicable.