Acabo de perguntar ao ChapCom se é necessária a tradução juramentada do Estatuto para apreciação deles. Também pedi a ajuda de um mentor, o que é usual neste processo de criação de capítulos e parece-me que ainda não foi apontado um para a gente. É para tirar eventuais dúvidas naquelas perguntas que ainda não foram respondidas e na reformulação da página no Meta (já temos que começar a pensar isso).

Tentei mandar com cópia, mas não é possível, então estou encaminhando. Assim que tiver retorno eu posto aqui.

    Castelo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Wikimedia Brasil
Date:   Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:29:52 -0200
From:   Castelo Branco <michelcastelobra...@gmail.com>
To:     chaptercommitte...@lists.wikimedia.org

Dear ChapCom members,

Moving forward, we would like to submit an English version of our bylaws for your approval, as recommended in the Step 5 of the Chapter Creation Guide[1], which also says that /"The Chapters committee might ask for a lawyer approved translation of the bylaws, in which case it will provide the necessary budget to translate the bylaws."/

In Brazil, a lawyer approved translation would cost around USD 500 for this lenght (~17k words). We would like to know if we should hire this service or provide the translation by ourselves. In the first case, how should we apply for the necessary budget?

We also have some other informations to provide, and it would be great to have a mentor in this process, as sometimes it can be helpful to know how much are you aware of our context (and how much is necessary to describe) in some particular issues.

Thanks in advance,

Castelo Branco
Wikimedia Brasil

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Step-by-step_chapter_creation_guide