Em 27 de dezembro de 2011 13:55, Barbara Dieu <beeonl...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Part I: The Myth of Open Source Software
> http://www.mrteacup.org/post/peer-production-illusion-part-1.html
> Part II: The Neoliberal Ideology of P2P
> http://www.mrteacup.org/post/peer-production-illusion-part-2.html

Thanks for sharing, Bee! Estou a criar um tópico na nossa seção de
Tempestade de Idéias <http://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming> um
tópico por causa desse estudo do Yoshikazu Suzuki:

Individual and social motivations to contribute to commons-based peer
production

http://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/119040
http://conservancy.umn.edu/bitstream/119040/1/Suzuki_Yoshikazu_November2011.pdf

Resumo:

"The present study uncovers the motivations driving certain Internet
users to contribute to commons-based peer production. The study
combines the literature of volunteerism, uses and gratifications, and
social identity theory as the theoretical framework. Findings from the
preliminary in-depth interviews were combined with that of prior
literatures to develop a questionnaire, which was designed to uncover
the individual and social motivations driving commons-based peer
production. The questionnaire was administered to a random sample of
top Wikipedia editors in the form of an online survey. The results
revealed an eight-factor structure of motivation composed by both
self- and other-focused, individual and social motivations such as
“career benefits,” “social desirability,” “concern for others’
well-being,” “cognitive group membership,” “avoidance of negative
self-affect,” “need to be entertained,” “seeking of creative
stimulation,” and “providing information.” Additional analysis
revealed that “providing information,” “seeking of creative
stimulation” and “concern for others’ well-being” were the three
strongest motivations while “seeking of creative stimulation,” “need
to be entertained,” and “providing information” were the three
significantly correlated motivations with one’s satisfaction gained
from editing Wikipedia."

Vou ler um pouquinho mais antes de criar. :)