Hi all,

I would like to share this article by Ainissa Ramirez (going to see
her TED Talk later when I have time)

* We Need a New Kind of Learner
<http://bigthink.com/experts-corner/we-need-a-new-kind-of-learner>

This reminds me when I accepted to coordinate the education program in
Brazil and why I think Wikipedia can be useful in education. In
Brazil, I think the description of professor Feynman about our
classroom is still valid [1] in a large extent. Once I gave an
interview to a French radio about Wikipedia (in 2011, a few days
before Wikimania in Gdansk) and I just mentioned these points, that
Wikipedia could be used as a potential tool for students learn how to
make research and develop their critical thinking. On the curiosity
point, I think Aaron Swartz was a great example, and I think we can
see this on his article "How to get a job like mine"
<https://aaronsw.jottit.com/howtoget>.

Since we have here in this list professors from a lot of places in the
world, I would love to know if you see also problems like those
pointed out in [1] on schools. Culturally, it could be interesting for
us to share these experiences and stress the global nature of the
Wikipedia Education Program.

Best,

Tom

[1] Richard Feynman on education in Brazil
http://v.cx/2010/04/feynman-brazil-education

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more