Vocês repararam em um dos comentários da matéria na Economist?

"Portuguese used to be the 3rd language, some few years ago, but then some
"pseudo-scholars", mostly from Brazil, took over the supervision of
articles and the level decayed to unacceptable low levels. Portuguese
Universities strongly discourage the usage of this tool for research.

As an example: me and 2 PhD professors submitted the same article to
Wikipedia, one version in English, the other in Portuguese. The English is
there, after 2 reviews. The Portuguese was discarded, by 2 Brazilian
supervisors, without any warning, for the most absurd and stupid reasons.
We gave it a 2nd try and the result was similar. We simply gave up."