---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Forrester <jdforres...@gmail.com>
Date: 2013/11/1
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers
To: "wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org" <wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Forwarding for info.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Forrester <jdforres...@gmail.com>
Date: 1 November 2013 18:43
Subject: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers
wikimani...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Dear all,

Soon we will be kicking off the selection process for deciding where we
will hold Wikimania 2015[0].

The Requests for Proposals (RfP) is being written right now[1], and will be
coming out soon, but in this e-mail we would like to invite volunteers to
serve on the selection jury[2]. The jury will select the winning bid based
on published criteria, reviewing the bids from January onwards until the
final selection is made in April 2014.

This is roughly 30-40 hours' work, and is key to us making Wikimania a
strong, healthy community conference that we all can enjoy. The Wikimania
Committee will select a jury that is a balanced representation of the
community, from a diverse range of backgrounds, sexes, languages, cultures
and regions of the world.

The main criteria are as follows:

* You want to help make Wikimania as great a celebration of the community
as we can make it;
* You can represent some of the Wikimedia community's varied projects and
activities;
* You have some experience of community events, meetings, conferences, or
want to learn;
* You have some free time during the selection period, especially late
March and early April; and
* You are not closely involved in any bid (it's a conflict of interest).

If you would like to serve on the jury, please e-mail Florence Devouard
(off-list) [[Wikipedia:User:Anthere]] at fdevouard @ wikimedia.org by 12
November. We will announce the jury in two weeks' time.

Please help us by translating this message and passing it on to your wiki's
community for those that don't read these mailing lists.

Thank you, and good luck to all Bids.

[0] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015
[1] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015_bids
[2] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_jury