Dear all,

in case you have not heard it yet: The Wikimedia Foundation has
reached and exceeded the goal of its Annual Fundraiser which was set
at USD 6 Million just before the end of the year. As of today, it
received more than $6.2 million in donations.

The last eight days, since the publication of Jimmy Wales' special
donor appeal have seen a surge in donations totalling about $2
million. The official fundraising campaign is continuing until January
15 (Wikipedia's eight-year anniversary) but the donation messages on
all wikis have now been replaced with Thank-You-Messages.

We will be publishing our own fundraising statistics as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Bimmler