Hi Illario,

There currently is a discussion for a formal community decision on :fr,
which kind of stalled on procedural details (how oversight requests will be
managed):
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Prise_de_décision/Oversight

The current trend is that hopeful ones would be sorted by our bureaucrats or
ArbCom or run for election (tbd). There would be no time limit to the
statute, but automatic removal after 3 months of inactivity. Here's for the
larger issues.

For the time being, permanent oversight status was given to the three
oversights from :en so as to deal with occasional requests.

Regards,
Stephane