I am quite willing to take the photographs if needed (done it under a
variety of conditions in different museums).

As for the lobbying part, I have phoned the History museum of
Neuchâtel (of Jaquet-Droz automatons fame) and sent them a mail
explaining what we want. I might be a good idea to have some template
letters of the sort somewhere (does that already exist ?). I'll try it
in some Geneva museums as well.

Cheers !
  -- Rama