But I'll make a review of the progress on Swiss museums, or lack
thereof, nevertheless.

The aim is to obtain a maximum of Free media from museums in
Switzerland (French-speaking in my case because I'm based in
Lausanne). So far, I've not found anybody willing to consider a
partnership on the same magnitude than what's happened between
Toulouse and Wikimedia France (See
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Muséum_de_Toulouse and
links at bottom). So for now everything is made on a small-scale,
case-by-case basis.

Most museums allow photography without a flash. Interestingly, a
number of museums allow it with a tripod, either as a matter of policy
(Morges, Vevey, Musée Bolo, Vidy) or when you suavely sweet-talk the
cashier at the entrance (Lausanne, etc.).
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Château_de_Morges
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_de_la_photographie_de_Vevey
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_Bolo
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_romain_de_Vidy
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_historique_de_Lausanne
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_historique_de_Vevey

Some of the most important ones apparently can't even be bothered to
tell us to sod off (Neuchâtel).

There is a slight tendency of some institutions to try and provide
material themselves under a Free licence, usually at a low resolution.
The Laténium has indicated an interest in doing this, though not much
has materialised, and the Musée d'Histoire du Valais has provided
this:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Département_Préhistoire_et_Antiquité_du_Musée_d'Histoire_du_Valais

To summarise, moral is good (mostly because we can't really *lose"
what we've already got, so we have a monotonically increasing amount
of material), and progress is steady at the rate suggested in the
following video from 4:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm3c0olAzvw

Cheers!
  -- Rama