Dear members of Wikimedia CH

As discussed with the Board recently on a TAO project review, I was asked
to circulate a Survey on a) Special interests and b) Availabilities of
community members (see links to the Doodle polls below).

After the TAO Kick-off meeting in October 2010 in Bern the project is
progressing and demanding more community involvement on both sides
(Wikimedia and Seniorweb). For our planned inter-community activities we
need support from our members – those who have expressed their interest
already and others who didn’t so far.

Another important step in the project development is the launch of the
TAO info desk in the Coop Shopping mall in Wankdorf/Bern where we are
trying to approach our target groups to evaluate the needs for online
courses and training. The pilot phase has already begun, the official
launch will be in January ongoing. Our community partner Seniorweb
already identified and prepared an impressive number of volunteers for
this start-up and we urgently need people to represent our community
there. If the Wankdorf pilot event will be successful, it is intended to
adopt it to other Coop Shopping malls in Biel/Bienne, Basel, Zurich or
comparable metropolitan locations.

In the francophone part (Fribourg and Lausanne), community meetings with
Seniorweb will be organized soon to meet each other and to find common
grounds and issues for further cooperation. Similar events need to be
organised in the German-speaking parts of the country as well. Anybody
who is interested and willing to support us with organizing local
community meetings is highly welcome!

For the Special Interest survey we designed the following typologies:
A = TAO project in general (core group);
B = Participation and support of pilot actions like the Shopping mall in
Wankdorf;
C = Participation and support of similar pilot actions (Coop Shopping
mall) at other locations (multiplication);
D = Participation at community meetings with Seniorweb;
E = Organizing other regional/local events in your home area (with
support of the TAO community coordinators of course!);
F = Participation in the WM Task Force on cooperation with the Federal
Archive/ Bundesarchiv (public sector data).

Please note / tack your special interest in the Doodle poll below
according to the defined typologies (A – F):
http://doodle.com/huf5sdvxq7knnzth

The next/second Doodle poll is asking for your time availabilities for
such activities over the week and weekends (for planning and
coordination purposes):
http://doodle.com/g7mkpq56vtwy6ru5

Please note that travel expenses for community actions can be reimbursed.
We kindly appreciate your feedback until Sunday, 12 December 2010.

Thanks a lot for a broad contribution to these surveys!

Kind regards,
Wolf Ludwig (TAO project coordinator)