Thanks for the feedback, Manuel,

we studied all this http://www.diybookscanner.org/
constructions and came to the conclusion, it has to be
more simple - and flexible too.

In the early 1970ies I worked on big Reproduction Cameras,
so I had some practical experience on the matter. Since
then everything became more and more easy.

For Wikimedia we took lately more than 20'000 scans
for OCR of "Encyclop├ędie du Monde Actual" on a device
like documented in my previous mail. It worked fine.

Light: now wonderful LED elements are available.

Regards,
Bruno